29 May 2017

Goodbye, Gloria & Norman

A while ago I made the decision to sell Gloria. I am currently raising her second lamb just as I raised the first - Tiddles last year, and now her daughter Penny. She didn't seem to have any interest in rearing lambs and I have no trouble gathering pet lambs to raise without Gloria's help. She was semi-bottle raised in 2014 alongside Dave.



Gloria was sold alongside some other ewes who'd either lost their lambs or didn't want them.


A few weeks later it was Norman's turn to go, alongside some other tips and a handful of the ewes left over from the first batch. Norman was a very successful tip for us but it was time for him to go. I don't like keeping tips for too long.



Being sold alongside Norman was Audrey's dad, who we bought last year.


In the trailer:



It's always sad to see familiar faces go, but that's the nature of the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment