11 April 2017

Visiting Drinn View

Every farm has its own cast of characters and Drinn View is no different. I was invited around to take some pictures of the lambs. Some were herded into the yard shortly after my arrival. Some lovely faces:






On the way to the lambing shed we passed by some curious cattle.



Having met the lowland breeds, it was time to meet the Mourne Blackfaces. It's always a treat to see these sheep close-up. This one had twins:




Mini the Bichon Frise is a friend to all lambs.



Of the two pet lambs Sambo was the biggest. Mini was not intimidated by his size, no way.




I love his tiny little horns.


Nose kisses.


This lamb was under a heat lamp to help her find her feet.


Mummy was keeping a watchful eye on her baby.


These ewes are waiting to have their lambs.




Mini is a very paws-on helper.


She's also gorgeous.



There were plenty more Blackface ewes and their lambs outside.








Back at the house I met this cat. I don't have a name for her but I'm going to call her Ridiculously Photogenic Cat.



I also met Junior the sheepdog.


He reminded me of Jess because he loves to play...


...and always tries to bring his toys to work.


After a spot of lunch it was lamb feeding time.


A real farmer multitasks.


It was great to see everyone so relaxed on a spring afternoon.




Thank you to Sylvia and Robert for inviting me over.

1 comment: