20 July 2014

The Castlewellan Show 2014

We left home for the show shortly after ten, and even after we arrived the fog was still hanging in the air. The foals on show were a little jumpy but very cute!


The horse has prettier hair than I do.


Moving on, and continuing with the theme of small animals: piglets!


Previous experiences at this show have taught me that queues for food soon start to get very long indeed, so it was an early lunch for me. Pip was a bit scared on the ground so she jumped up onto the chair opposite me. I pulled it a but closer so I could keep an eye on her. Pip likes chips (and curry, as it turns out).


After lunch it was time for some more exploring. Some ducks - they were a bit wary of Pip. Pip was indifferent.


And alongside the ducks was a rooster on a barrel.


Sheep next; these Border Leicesters seem to be in a constant state of shock.


Ah, some Texels. That's more like it.



There were dogs everywhere - it was like everyone had brought their dogs with them. It was great to see so many faces.



In the craft tent I bought some treats for the dogs from Pawfect Doggie Treats (the BBQ Wedges and Pizza Slices because I couldn't decide what to buy and so I just bought something that I thought sounded tasty to me). They took Pip's photo for their Facebook page!

Source.

Source.

It wouldn't be an agricultural show without some machinery.


It was crazy how many people there were. Pip took a great interest in all the quads that were rumbling around.


This is George. Hi, George.


George is saying hi.


I bumped into a friend I hadn't see in over a year, and added bonus: puppy! This is the adorable and bouncy and mostly cute Vix:


Oh - it's another Wire Fox Terrier with a really impressive head tilt (cameras make funny noises, you know).


Pip's watching some showjumping - or is she watching me?


There was a tractor reversing competition for the Young Farmers.


These cows are awaiting judgement.


A very well turned-out pony and trap.


I stopped to talk to someone I knew at a library lorry - Pip wanted to stay there.


So all in all it was a grand day out. Bring on next year, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment