13 August 2011

Belfast Zoo

On Sunday, I went to the zoo! I rained and rained, but I still had a great time. My animal kingdom knowledge is limited, but I'll try to name each animal correctly. Just don't be surprised if I say "camel thing".

Keen to get into the dry, we went to see the giraffes.


Next door to the giraffes were the elephants.


There was even an elephant outside in the pouring rain.


The zebras, on the other hoof, were closed in.

The capybara didn't mind the rain.

The farm animals at the zoo were a bit more fussy. Some choosing the indoors...

...While others chose the outdoors.


The penguins loved the water.

And here's an otter eating a fish.

And there were some sunbathing sea lions.


Some sort of monkey (knowledge failing...).

And hoorah! A camel thing!

And there's my favourite wild animal, the lion.


And finally... a prairie dog.

This post wouldn't have been possible without my poor Dad taking me to the zoo on a wet Sunday. Thanks!

***


7 comments:

  1. That's a great way to spend a rainy day.Was that really a humpless camel? They are pretty rare, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I think that lion was eyeing you up for his next meal, he's looking right at you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - we emailed you about the photo contest and left a comment on your post but haven't had a reply from you yet? :-) Dex and Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Love the zoo. It's a shame the dogs can't enjoy it too but I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woof! Woof! Golden Hello! Passing by to say Lots of Golden Thanks for your Barkday Wishes. I had a PAWSOME 10th Barkday! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    Great way to spend the day ... the ZOO. Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos!! Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! And cheers to your Dad for being a so obliging ;)

    ReplyDelete