18 August 2010

Hat trick

Sunday was one of those days. The sun was shining and it felt like Summer. The day before I had noticed that there were some cows next door, but I was too busy to go and see them and take pictures of them. By the time I had finished with the silage, the cattle had moved on. But I was not deterred.
The next day, I headed out with Ben on the quad to try to get a few pictures of them. They were quite close by so I was able to make a few noises and they came over to find out what the heck was going on.

What the heck is going on?

It was really hard to get a few pictures of them, because the wall was so wide, and the fence was so high, and the grass was so long... and I could go on. I had to stand on the quad and hold the camera up as high as I could on some occasions. For some of the photos I couldn't even see the screen - I was just taking pot luck.

This is the family photo.

Only two of the adults came over to see us, but all of the calves did.

Ben's reaction when he saw this...


Was bark bark bark bark!

I calmed him down and he stopped, but he kept his eye on them none the less.

To make him pay for his mistake, I taught him to wear my hat. To be honest, he didn't need much teaching, and I just put it one him and took a photo.

Good looks, charm and a hat? Who could resist me now?

No comments:

Post a Comment